Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How To Get The Lighter On The Poptropica

too lazy to read the stinking book

Over the last week occurred one of the highlights of my training.
all started with a chance encounter with a book, just before Christmas. But back then no one could know where all this would lead ...
I was so, how could you know in the children's book division of Advent. One day, a colleague from his pocket a stack of books section dtv-Taschenbücher over because they were so colorful and they thought they are for children. What they were not.
But, because I've seen them. And handled . And smelled ....
It was the "Safari of Life" by John Střelecký .

how it looks. And you can be glad that there is no way the smell to the web.
Moder , molds, toxic gases fungus.
Only a few of the associations that have blown me when I clueless as I was, the book flick like leafing through. I have the
then also showed a few colleagues and then the entire stack, where he belongs: away from me (in the pocket book section).
months passed and I thought no more of these olfactory meltdown .

Last week then:
I am scheduled in the order book. A woman comes and wants to pick up a book. I am looking for the series based on the book with her name on it and think - yes, exactly - "Safari of Life."
As I approach the book on the client it says: "Do you smell even think about it."
And I say without thinking, "It stinks like hell."
What she says: "Oh no, too?" And the story gets more depth:
The day before, the lady who buys the way for a parish library , the book had seen in our pocket book department. We had five in stock. You wanted it, but she came with her nose ran too close. "You can not read, yes. And I can not put in my library, and after that everything stinks then. "
were testgerochen all five copies and none was better. So the colleagues have tried again at an appointed Barsortiment. Just the one I then in the had collection department in hand
set In order to again clear:.. five copies by the publisher stink just like a copy of Barsortiment And stink continuously since the publication (remember, this was before Christmas)
The client I have then. nor demonstrated that it is probably a problem of the establishment must be, because obviously all stink books, regardless of the storage. She said, may it hold a pity, because you It would really love to read. But so ....
has all this I then prompted to call the publisher and - when I saw the DIR contact had - to say the wonderful phrase:
"I do not know if you to anyone ever said, but smell your books."
Really - a highlight!
The answer: "Yes, I know ..."
So it came to that particular title, not the books of dtv in general - just to clarify that!
had apparently experienced dtv heard of several places that the smell of "Safari of Life" was unacceptable - which is why they have sent out a newsletter via email, in which a general complete remission right for the 1 Edition of the book was announced. We have as an e-mail before, but no matter. Apparently has not color illustrations in the book of the contract with the paper. It was followed by a second Edition, which has no such incompatibility.
When I tell this to our colleagues in paperback with the book in his hand came down the colleague greeted me already with the words: "Ah , the stinky book ..."
was now stinking so the first Second edition with its low- Bearing replaced. When I

the Friedl told the story, he was so fascinated that he likes so wanted to have stinky book.
I've searched the web again in the context for this information. But found nothing about the history smell.
But instead I discovered by accident that on Amazon the title "Safari of Life" phenomenal 58 times by private providers is for sale - what it might be well that it will not keep? Anyway, I got the
Friedl sake again contacted the publisher. This time by Bettelfax a reading copy. With the explicit request for a copy of the 1st, odorous edition.
I think they that have no other use for it, because the next day I had it in his hand.

The Smelly book has found its home the Friedl . It is fortunately not contagious.
read But you can not beat that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment